What little girls learn

Today I was looking through more 1940's fashion models. I love the look, the simple makeup and the image, simple and elegant.

My grandmother, well both, one Italian, one French. My Italian grand mother Clara was someone you'd just find in a northern Italian village. My Italian grandfather, the same, typical look.

My other grandmother, well, she'd not go amiss on the streets of Paris. Some photos missing, but I vividly remember, the amazing smooth almost airbrushed features and dark hair, just bright red lipstick. Her bedroom I remember well, it was full of soft furnishings, clothes hanging, delicate nightgowns,

My mother, again a mix of everywhere and Italian. So many little things I remember growing up, when we'd be going out, I'd watch her get dressed, put on pantyhose or stockings. Rolling them up, putting in her toes. Simple makeup, little blush, little eye shadow, maybe none, always red lipstick. 

Comments

Popular Posts