How we see ourselves isnt maybe what you think you see …
You see a pretty girl or not a pretty girl, you think she's pretty, she must be confident, totally ok with who she is ? She's sexy, so you think it's ok to ask things about her.
You see an average girl, or a girl who is really trying to be the best she can. To her, she looks in the mirror and see's the prettiness inside, she can't understanding why people point, why do they chat behind her back in chat rooms, it's not her fault she is who she is.
Some of us struggle to look the best we can, to be the inner self shown outwardly. All girls want to be pretty, all want to be put on a pedestal. Even the girls who you think have it together, we don't, sure I wear swim bikinis, does it make me nervous, yes, sure, because I want to be seen as a woman doing her best to be [normal], I want to feel pretty, look pretty and sometimes it's nice for someone to say it. Normal ? Did I hear myself say normal ? There is no normal, thin hips, wide hips, big butts, short legs. No, normal is the wrong word that we all think about, it's really down to peer acceptance and what you assume normal is.
My view of myself is a forever cycle of self critique of everything. I find failings in everything “me”. So for me to accept criticism is hard, it's also hard to accept flattery too, mainly because a lot of the time, I don't feel I'm worthy of it.
So before you assume, she's pretty, that she's fine with 'everything' or she's kinda blah, think first – she's trying. I'm trying, I'm failing, but maybe not always.
You see an average girl, or a girl who is really trying to be the best she can. To her, she looks in the mirror and see's the prettiness inside, she can't understanding why people point, why do they chat behind her back in chat rooms, it's not her fault she is who she is.
Some of us struggle to look the best we can, to be the inner self shown outwardly. All girls want to be pretty, all want to be put on a pedestal. Even the girls who you think have it together, we don't, sure I wear swim bikinis, does it make me nervous, yes, sure, because I want to be seen as a woman doing her best to be [normal], I want to feel pretty, look pretty and sometimes it's nice for someone to say it. Normal ? Did I hear myself say normal ? There is no normal, thin hips, wide hips, big butts, short legs. No, normal is the wrong word that we all think about, it's really down to peer acceptance and what you assume normal is.
My view of myself is a forever cycle of self critique of everything. I find failings in everything “me”. So for me to accept criticism is hard, it's also hard to accept flattery too, mainly because a lot of the time, I don't feel I'm worthy of it.
So before you assume, she's pretty, that she's fine with 'everything' or she's kinda blah, think first – she's trying. I'm trying, I'm failing, but maybe not always.
Comments
Post a Comment